Krishi Kalyan Abhiyan
The Ministry of Agriculture and farmers’ welfare in line with the Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of doubling farmers’ income by 2022 has launched the Krishi Kalyan Abhiyaan from 1st June, 2018 till 31st July, 2018 so as to aid, assist and advice farmers on how to improve their farming techniques and raise their incomes. The Krishi Kalyan Abhiyaan will be undertaken in 25 Villages with more than 1000 population each in Aspirational Districts identified in consultation with the Ministry of Rural Development as per directions of NITI Ayog. In districts where the number of villages (with more than 1000 population) is less than 25, all villages will be covered.
Various activities to promote best practices and enhance agriculture income are being undertaken under this plan such as:-
- Distribution of Soil Health Cards to all farmers
- 100% coverage of bovine vaccination for Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) in each village
- 100% coverage of Sheep and Goat for the eradication of Peste des Petits Ruminants (PPR )
- Distribution of Mini Kits of pulses and oilseeds to all
- Distribution of Horticulture/Agro-Forestry/Bamboo plant @ 5 per family(location appropriate)
- Making 20 NADAP Pits in each village
- Artificial insemination saturation
- Demonstration programmes on Micro-irrigation
- Demonstrations of integrated cropping practice
In addition, demonstration programmes on Micro Irrigation and Integrated Cropping Practice will also take place so as to familiarize farmers with the latest techniques and how they can be incorporated at the grass root level.
Training programmes are being conducted in each of the villages by ICAR/KVSs for Bee Keeping, Mushroom cultivation and Kitchen garden. Women participants and farmers will be given preference for the training program.View (823 KB)